CIPS Level 6 Professional Diploma in Procurement and Supply 2018 Syllabus
The EPC Academy for Training and Consulting offer the CIPS qualifications as both classroom or distance learning based methods.
Our updated Level 6 Professional Diploma in Procurement and Supply* qualification can take you all the way on your professional journey to becoming MCIPS. You can also continue to choose elective modules and create your own specialist professional pathway, so that your qualification is more relevant for you.
At this level, you are required to complete four core modules then choose from a selection to complete three elective modules. Modules can be worth 6 or 12 credits.
Entry requirements for this qualification
You will need to have achieved the CIPS Level 5 Advanced Diploma in Procurement and Supply.
Typical job titles:
- Senior procurement manager
- Senior category manager
- Supply chain manager
- Head of logistics and operations manager
Core skills upon completion of this qualification
You will be able to:
- Demonstrate strategic knowledge and leadership skills
- Develop excellent communication skills and the ability to work with and lead a team
- Think strategically, lead and influence policy
- Critically analyse, interpret and evaluate complex information, concepts and ideas
- Find solutions to complex problems, all within a global context
What will I learn?
Develop your knowledge and skills as a leader
Based on the professional level of CIPS Global Standard, this qualification builds on the knowledge and skills learned at the CIPS Level 5 Advanced Diploma in Procurement and Supply.
This qualification will help you make a real impact in your career. It is recognised by employers world-wide for producing competent and confident procurement and supply professionals, capable of guiding and leading their organisations to sustainable success. Your learning will focus on:
- Delivering effective and efficient procurement and supply strategies that enhance an organisation’s prospects for long-term financial stability and longer-term success
- Development, configuration and implementation of global commercial strategy to achieve competitive advantage
- Evaluating the influence of strategic supply chain management and assessing the methods that are available to measure, improve and optimise supply chain performance
- Analysing the changing needs of the profession, looking ahead to consider future strategic challenges
Joining a CIPS qualification programme means you will join the largest Institute in the world for those working in procurement and supply. You can join as a member online today. Once you’ve become a CIPS member you can book your examinations online
You are required to complete 60 credits to achieve this qualification
What are credits?
Credits are a way of quantifying the number of study hours needed to complete a qualification. 1 credit is equivalent to 10 hours of study. Each module is given a credit value of 3,6 or 12 credits.
Four CORE and three elective modules make up the required 60 credits
L6M1 Strategic Ethical Leadership (Core, 12 Credits)
L6M2 Global Commercial Strategy (Core, 12 Credits)
L6M3 Global Strategic Supply Chain Management (Core, 12 Credits)
L6M4 Future Strategic Challenges for the Profession (Core, 6 Credits)
L6M5 Strategic Programme Leadership (Elective, 6 Credits)
L6M7 Commercial Data Management (Elective, 6 Credits)
L6M8 Innovation in Procurement and Supply (Elective, 6 Credits)
L6M9 Supply Network Design (Elective, 6 Credits)
L6M10 Global Logistics Strategy (Elective, 6 Credits)
NB: For full details of the syllabus please refer to the attached
How much does it cost?
The cost of studying for a qualification will vary depending on the level of support you need. However, the distance learning program is designed to provide you with a dedicated tutor to provide support throughout the program.
Cost for the level 5 qualification via distance learning route:
- For 12 credit Module USD 250
- For 6 credit Module USD 150
Please note this is payable in advance in line with the examination study plan you agree with us.
- 6 x I hour one to one webinars per 12 credit modules with your tutor (12 hours in total)
- 4 x 1 hour one to one webinars per 6 credit modules with your tutor (24 hours in total)
- Setting of sample exam questions, marking & feedback from you tutor
- Open email access to your tutor to resolve queries and confirm understanding
- Specifically, designed materials to facilitate distance learning
- CIPS offers exams globally six time per year in:
Exam time tables are published by CIPS and available on line and from us when planning your exams. There are globally centres where you can sit exams, these will be supplied as relevant
- All administration to facilitate your studies and exams.
What format are the exams?
All exams for this qualification are computer-based
The Level 6 qualification is:
Objective Response exam format (OR) & Constructed Response exam format (CR)
Once you have enrolled as a distance learner student your tutor will go through this in detail and provide samples of exam papers.
Objective Response exam format (OR)
These questions allow you to select a response from a list of possible answers. You will find these types of exams across all our qualifications levels; they are marked by computer and then moderated by CIPS examiners.
Constructed Response exam format (CR)
These questions require you to create, or ‘construct’, a response to the question, such as an essay or case study. You will find this type of exam in our diploma level qualifications and they will be marked by subject expert examiners
The following principles are applied when we develop our exam papers:
For each module we will examine your knowledge through the use of every learning outcome (LO) in the syllabus
Using the learning resources, you can check your understanding of each LO
All LOs within a module will have the same amount of coverage.
You must answer all questions within an exam, you can expect no optional questions. All exams are marked out of 100%.
- 12 credit modules are Constructed Response exam format (CR)
- 6 credit modules are Objective Response exam format (OR)
Exam pass marks and grades
For Objective Response exams the pass mark is 70%.
For Constructed Response exams are graded:
- 50% Pass
- 60% Merit
- 75% Distinction
How long does it take?
Everyone learns at a different pace and you will have your own personal circumstances to consider before deciding to start a qualification.
Before you start, we strongly recommend that you contact us for advice about different types of learning programmes available, and how long they take to complete.