CIPS Certificate in Procurement and Supply
This is the first of CIPS entry level qualifications and is suitable for those who want to specialise in a specific occupation, occupational area or technical role. It will prepare learners for work by giving them the opportunity to develop sector-specific knowledge, technical and practical skills, and to apply these skills in work-related environments. This qualification supports learners within operational roles within the procurement and supply profession.
Who is it for?
For anyone new to the profession, with little or no business experience and those aspiring to move into a career in procurement and supply.
It is also ideal for managers in other professions and business leaders or entrepreneurs who need to understand how procurement should function and its overall impact on business success.
What will I learn?
Come away with a clear knowledge and understanding of facts, procedures and processes related to procurement and supply. You’ll be able to effectively interpret information and ideas, and learn how to identify, gather and use relevant information.
This is the first entry level qualification, there are no formal entry requirements.
To gain a qualiﬁcation you are required to complete a total number of credits. This is a way of quantifying the required number of study hours. 1 credit is equivalent to 10 hours of study. Each module is given a credit value of 3 or 6 credits. Total credits required for completion is 18 Credit
- Lectures 19
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 120 GLH
- Skill level Beginners
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes
Module 1- Introducing Procurement and Supply (L2M1)
- 1.0 Understand the role of procurement and supply within organisations
- 2.0 Understand the organisational impact of procurement and supply
- 3.0 Know how products and services are received from suppliers and delivered to customers
- 4.0 Know the stages of the sourcing process
- 5.0 Understand the need for the effective and efficient administration of purchases made with external suppliers
- 6.0 Know the importance of ethics and responsible procurement in organisations and supply chains
Module 2- Procurement and Supply Operations (L2M2)
Module 3- Stakeholder Relationships (L2M3)
- 1.0 Know the stakeholders in procurement and supply
- 2.0 Know the key market factors that impact on a procurement and supply function
- 3.0 Understand the techniques associated with successful and effective communication in procurement and supply
- 4.0 Know approaches for conflict resolution with stakeholders in procurement and supply
Module4- Systems Technology (L2M4)
Module 5- Inventory, Logistics and Expediting (L2M5)