CIPS In-company Skills Training
Bringing Learning to you
CIPS In-company Skills Training develops staff talent with targeted training delivered by CIPS-approved experienced procurement professionals. Choose from a range of off-the-shelf topics or opt for tailored content. From scope to style and timing to location, CIPS can design training to address the specific issues your procurement team is facing or to meet particular learning outcomes.
Cost-effective option for TEAMS
Delivered by procurement experts
New-starter to director level
What is In-Company Skills Training?
Choose from an extensive range of CIPS course content that spans all aspects of procurement and supply, and all development stages.
Example training topics
- Strategic sourcing
- Category management
- Commercial capability building
- Public sector procurement
- Stakeholder management
- Supplier relationship management
- Evaluating offers
- Contract management
- Buying services
We formulate a programme that addresses the specific issues faced by your procurement team and meets your particular learning needs. The scale of training can also be adjusted, ranging from short courses to longer-term structured programmes and even individual coaching.
To suit different learning styles we use a range of methods to deliver the training.
- Improvement: Upskills staff through high quality training
- Impact: Drives value back into your organisation with effectively trained staff
- Relevance: Addresses specific issues and learning objectives
- Effective: Maximises staff development with training designed to accommodate different learning styles
- Time-saving: Timed and designed to increase efficiency of learning
- Cooperation: Builds teamworking and interaction through collaborative learning
“By working closely with CIPS, we have engaged our people through a lively and memorable course.” Total
“The tutor was excellent, very knowledgeable.” ALMAC
Delivery methods include:
- Coaching & mentoring
- Virtual learning
We agree course objectives with you in advance and can formulate a programme of study that is specifically designed to achieve your desired learning outcomes.
We continue to review those objectives throughout the training to make sure the programme is delivering against expectations.
The training is timed to fit around your schedule and delivered at your premises.
We also offer open courses at various locations that individuals can book through the CIPS website.
Identify skills gaps
Before booking any training, CIPS can help you to identify your team’s specific development needs and better target your training spend with a Skills Gap Analysis. This benchmarks employees, highlights knowledge gaps and makes recommendations for people development.
In-Company Skills Training Highlights
- Develops knowledge and skills specific to your organisation and industry sector
- Choose the scale and duration from short courses to long-term programmes or coaching
- Delivered by experienced procurement professionals and sector-specific experts
- Suitable for teams from new starters to director level
- Delivery methods to suit different learning styles
- Range of off-the-shelf topics with optional tailored content